(This shows the balloon-client-web since it is more appealing than showing the server :) )
- High performance server, horizontally scalable, easy clustering
- Using MongoDB which is highly scalable and super fast
- WebDAV Support (Support for network drives on Windows and other clients)
- Various DMS features like tagging, meta data, sharing, file history and more
- Sharing for user and groups with different levels of permissions (manager, read-write, readonly, mailbox)
- Comes with cloud native support and deploy ready kubernetes resources
- Deployable out of the box for debian (deb), tar archive, docker images, kubernetes and more
- App system for 3rd party apps
- The core is shipped with various core apps pre-installed
- File previews for various formats (including office documents, pdf, text, images, markdown, html and more)
- Notification system (including mail notifications)
- Full text search using Elasticsearch
- Malware scanning using ClamAV
- Full WOPI support (Tested with Libre Office Online and Microsoft Office Online)
- Automatically convert files (shadow nodes) to other file formats (for example keep an automatic pdf file for a word file)
- Automatically destroy files/folders at a certain time
- Mount external storage (Currently only SMB/CIFS is supported since v2.1.0)
- Integrated deduplication system
- Burl (URL file format, including rendered site previews)
- Globally accessible share links
- Intelligent collections based on custom rules
- Multiple types of authentication, basic auth (internal users), basic auth LDAP, OpenID-Connect, WebAuthn support
- Integrated OpenID-connect server and also supports OpenID-connect for any external OpenID-Connect providers (including google, microsoft, github and more)
- Support for Google reCaptcha v2 (Anti bruteforce account security)
- REST API (OpenAPI v3 specs)
- User quotas
- Official Web UI
- Official Desktop client for Windows, Linux and OS X
- Rich eco system (including various sdk's)
- ... and much more
Interested? How to deploy? Well please visit the documentation.
There is a modern web based user interface for balloon! It does support all features and integrates smoothly with the balloon server. Check out the balloon web ui on gyselroth/balloon-client-web.
Of course there is also a complete desktop solution for balloon. The desktop clients brings your cloud onto your desktop for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It can sync your entire cloud and more, checkout the balloon desktop client on gyselroth/balloon-client-desktop.
A changelog is available here.
We are glad that you would like to contribute to this project. Please follow the given terms.